The kids had their first swimming lessons the last two weeks! They both did really well, but Matthew especially improved so much! He has always been very timid of the water, so I put him in the class especially for timid 3-5 yr olds. His class only had three kids in it. The funny thing is that the other boy in the class was also a matthew! My Matthew loved that and decided they were destined to be best friends because they shared a name. Of the three kids apparently Matthew was the only one who became comfortable putting his head under, which is huge for him. Hailey on the other hand refused to put her head under. She and I did a mommy and me class. I put her in a class more because I didn't know what else to do with her for the 30 minute time slot. I would have felt terrible sitting by the water telling her she couldn't get in every day. We had a lot of fun and she did finally the last day decide it was fun to blow bubbles and put her nose in but NOT her eyes :) Matthew's other huge accomplishment was when they gave them a day in life jackets. He was able to doggy paddle around all by himself all over the deep end! He was thrilled about that, as was I!
Here's a video of some of our fun! If you listen really close at the end Matthew says something HILARIOUS







1 comment:
what great a great swimming pool! the teachers seemed pretty great too! way to go matthew for putting your whole head under! that takes super hero courage... you must be a super hero!
Post a Comment