6.08.2012

Bullets, Bears and Braids

Curt's really been into recycling scrap metal lately and so one day we went out collecting bullet shells from a shooting range (some are made of brass).  Matthew loves getting into all of Curt's hobbies.  Curt decided that all the bullets the kids pick up he will recycle for them and they can have the money!  Matthew thinks that is beyond cool.
This bucket had tons of shells in it, Matthew was helping Curt sort through them because Matthew wants to keep a collection of all the different kinds he finds.  Hailey is really interested in whatever they are doing too, but she had lost interest by the time I took these pictures.  Anything Matthew does Hailey does, and anything daddy does Matthew wants to do.


 Hailey is in the cute stage where she loves to take care of her "babies."  She feeds them, wraps them in blankies, tells me to shhh because her babies are sleeping, takes them for walks in her stroller, and she rocks them and sings "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star."

 Hailey was really patient with me yesterday morning and let me try to french braid her hair.  It was the best braid job I've done so far (still far from perfect but it actually stayed all day this time!) so Curt told me to take a picture.  Hailey was more than happy to pose for me.  She is in a stage where she loves the end result of having her hair done (not always the time it takes to do it).  She loves running up to daddy and saying "Look my pwetty HAIR!"  She especially loves "piggies" which just means putting her hair up in any way.  She says it's like mommy.  I guess I do put my hair in a ponytail of some sort most every day lately.  I'm getting awfully lazy.


No comments: