So far a lot of mixed emotions have come with the start of a new year! Curt graduated, and that's an amazing stress off our shoulders, but is replaced by an even larger one in form of "JOB SEARCH." shudder. It's the waiting game...and my mom always said my fatal flaw was impatience.
Hailey started the year off with a bang by having a terrible UTI. She was miserable for about a week.
She slept a lot! She is all better though and actually it may have been a blessing in disguise. Previous to this she was so anti food it was driving us nuts because she was such a good eater as a baby! So she went the entire week basically eating nothing except for milk, water, frozen peas and pistachios. Her absolute never fail favorites. As soon as she was better though she seems to have found that appreciation for food she was lacking. phew!


I learned a new trick, that I will try not to replicate...ever again. hahaha. I threw my gum out the car window and somehow instead of going with the wind it decided to fly forward? strange. landed right in front of me on the windshield! All I could do was laugh until it finally got cold enough to harden and blow off. all Curt could do was roll his eyes at my talent. I had the camera for other reasons, but I couldn't resist a picture. gross, sorry.

Matthew got Strep throat (doctor said it was really going around Rexburg. Tis the time of year I guess). He was miserable for about 4 days and finally his fever really broke and he was able to play. As wild and crazy as ever again! And just as wonderful. Today Curt eavesdropped on Matthew explaining to Hailey the different sides and angles of the particular screw driver he was holding verses the one she had and why hers wouldn't work to take apart the dump truck from Grandma Patsy but his would. By Curt's description Matthew explained the situation to Hailey far better than I ever could and he said Hailey totally seemed to be paying attention and got it. They play soooo good together except when they don't, of course. Luckily they're happy more than fighting.


2 comments:
I haven't looked at your blog in forever, and it makes me miss you! Holy we have not sufficiently hung out since Christmas. And that picture of Hailey in B&W down at the bottom??? She is Beautiful!! Ok... I hope you guys had a good date night.
haha you are hilarious. so talented! you defy directional wind speed, and laugh in it's face! ;) i think patience is a character flaw for a lot of us. i am so glad that everybody is feeling better! you know matthew is better when he is explaining, comparing and contrasting various manipulatives.. ahh the simplicity of childhood ;) here's to patience, and finding the right job!! GOOD LUCK! we love you, and we love hailey kitty :)
Post a Comment