1.28.2012

Once there was a snowman

The snow finally came! and now it's almost gone again...While it was here Matthew asked to make a snowman and I thought we'd better hustle and take advantage of it! Which is strange because usually the end of january in rexburg sees so limit to the snow. The kids had such a great time and Curt always goes to the extreme :)

Matthew rolled the head (which later became the neck because Curt didn't think 3 was high enough!) all by himself! It was heavy snow too, very wet. I was impressed. I had to help Curt get the second section up and at first we weren't sure we could even do it! Then Curt turned into the incredible hulk and did it anyway.


We had a face on it, and then we went inside with cold toes and cold noses to get some hot cocoa while Curt stayed out. See, it's when I leave him unattended that he goes over board! hahaha. When I called him in for dinner he told me to come and see what he had done. He shoveled about 4 inches of snow all the way around each section to make them wider and added another head?! He's so funny. Completely covered the face.
And then that evening it actually warmed up a lot and things started slushing. But then through the night it refroze. So our snowman is now a dancing snowman. I don't know how he didn't fall down! this is the next morning. Today he tipped even further but Curt is convinced that frosty will not fall because he is now solid ice. "He's like a sculpture" he says. good job Curt! :)

1 comment: