4.24.2011

EASTER WEEKEND

Vicky and her fam came up for Easter!
We painted eggs...



Everyone's eggs. Curt did the awesome brown rabbit, next to the right went Adessa's two, Vicky's, my Easter Bunny face, Jexten's (or possibly Kurt's??), Matthew, and the middle was my dad's. Anyway, whoever they were colored by they turned out lovely.
then was the Easter egg hunt...



and when they got in from that the Easter bunny had left wonderful baskets for each child filled with goodies of all kinds! The boys especially loved their bug catching kits...
Adessa had fun with her bubbles...

Then we went to the park for a picnic and split up. The girls went shopping while the boys went fishing. When we girls got back Vicky and I saddled up our horses while mom played with Adessa and Hailey (thank you mom!) Then gave those girls a little ride.
Hailey's first horse ride!
"cowGIRL!"
Easter Sunday we went to my parents' ward where Hailey and Adessa got to wear their matching dresses! My mom picked this out and I just LOVE it! I did add a couple of things to it: the rose on the waistband and a ribbon tie in the back. Then I made some matching bows for the girls too.
I didn't get a good Easter picture because Matthew had his suit mostly stripped off before I could even get the camera out! Oh well. We will retry another day!

Hailey's hair WAS french braids but just as we were opening the door to leave she reached up looking for that bow, found the braid, and WRENCH. out comes the braid. So I managed this do in the car on the way to church :) Girls are so much fun but so much more stress! (I know, I don't have to do it fancy and I bring it upon myself)
We had such a good time with the family!
I am so grateful for Easter- for the Atonement and Resurrection of my Savior Jesus Christ. I am grateful for Him and all He did for us.

No comments: