"A party for ME?! Oh my!"
Matthew helped me a lot with this party! But I wish someone would have helped me with the cake! It was a disaster! It ended up tasting okay, but I didn't even serve it at the party because it looked to terrible and I was embarrassed. There were plenty of cupcakes anyways and other things I don't think anyone missed out. Curt says he really likes it but he's my sweetie and he always compliments even my nastiest creations. So I got the bright idea to fancy up a red velvet cake by putting some red raspberry syrup in the middle along with some chocolate butter cream and then frost it with regular white butter cream. Sounds good right? My syrup oozed out all party long and it was next to impossible to frost it because it kept sliding around. ANYWAY, besides the cake disaster it was a good party!
I had to wake Hailey up from a late nap when everyone got here so she was kind of grumpy the whole time. She didn't even really enjoy her cupcake.
Kids are brutally honest.
But she DID like going for a walk outside once everyone left! haha
She got three baby dolls and some cute clothes and jammies and sand toys!
But I think so far Matthew has enjoyed the babies more than Hailey! All she does is slobber kiss them and then toss em. Matthew rocks them, dresses them, sings to them and takes them to the moon with him in his spaceship.
1 comment:
That was a great party and I think your cake tastes great! Oh, Matthew, you are such a good boy! Happy 1 year old birthday Hailey. You grew up so fast.
Post a Comment