2.02.2011

A YEAR?!!!

The princess of our hearts turns one on Friday the 4th. It brings tears to my eyes thinking about how fast she has grown! Aside from Hailey's mamma's girl clingy needs and tendency to wake up every couple of hours all night long, she has been an angel all her life! Such a personality. You never know for sure if you're going to get a scowl mean enough to scare a pit bull or the sweetest crooked tooth scrunched nose grin when you look at her. She keeps us on our toes for sure. She foiled all of Matthew's plans of teasing and ruling by her contagious giggle and easy going nature. Instead she has him wrapped around her finger and I swear he lives to make her happy. She suer has her daddy's heart in her tiny fist. He has been putty in her fingers since the day she was born. And we won't even talk about how she has enslaved me!
Hailey has started trying to walk recently! She can't stand up without holding onto something still, but she crawls over to furniture and pulls herself up and then walks. She's getting pretty good!
Anything interesting that we're doing Hailey has to be a part of. She is one determined and impossible to distract little girl, too! Here's she's "helping" Curt fix the entertainment center so the tv can't slide out anymore.
She is also very proud of herself. She claps whenever she feels like she's done something incredible, which is pretty much everything.
Look out for BabyKong! She's my little climbing lemur! Hailey loves to climb all over everything and has no fear about falling (or JUMPING) off of heights!
Hailey Colette, you're such a doll! This year has been miserably wonderful and bitterly fast! Miserable for the lack of sleep (if we'd go to bed earlier then it wouldn't be so bad!) and wonderful for everything else. I am happy that Hailey is entering the world of a toddler, but I am sad that she is leaving her babyhood behind :(
We love you Hailey! Happy First Birthday!

3 comments:

Katy said...

Oh your little girl is so beautiful! I'm glad you posted your blog up on your status in FB, otherwise I would have never found you!

Happy birthday to your sweet girl, I can't believe she's a year already, I'll always think of her as the ADORABLE baby at the sand box!!!

kurtandvickysleemanfam said...

DANG IT! it seems as though blogger has lost all of my previous comments! oh well, i get to tell you again....I can't tell you enough how much i LOVE the innocent yet mischievious looks on your kids faces all the time! i love the antics they are always up to, and the way they catch you by surprise with their unexpected clever comments from matthew, and facial expressions from hailey. yes. one day it will be cute. and today is that day, so is tomorrow, and the next day and the next, and the one after that.

Kit and Janet Andersen said...

Happy Birthday Baby Hailey Collette! Yes, it's been a wonderful year, and I'm so glad that we have been a part of it!