It was our year to trek up to Montana for Thanksgiving. We had so much fun with all of Curt's family that we were able to see. This year I was able to meet Kim (Curt's second to oldest sister) and her family for the first time! They just moved up from Arizona. They have 6 kids from 18 yrs to 5 months! The day before we were going to go all of the roads going out of Rexburg were closed because of that huge storm, so we were really worried that we wouldn't make it, but the next morning the exact one we needed opened up and the drive wasn't as bad as I feared it would be. It did take us an extra hour and a half but we made it!
Hailey was super bashful the entire time. She kept trying to hide her face in my shoulder whenever someone looked at her and she would just peek out of the corner of her eye. It was way cute, but I wish she would have been more at ease. I had to hold her almost the entire time! Matthew on the other hand was so busy playing with cousins that I barely saw him! He has some GREAT cousins that play so sweet with him! I was asked multiple times by different people if he is in kindergarten yet and they couldn't believe it when I said he's only 3 1/2, because they thought that he was just so smart. I was flattered and I'd better not let it go to my head :) He IS smart though, and he was very well behaved this trip. It made for a very pleasant visit.
The only thing I am REALLY disappointed about is my lack of pictures :( We got the camera out and I got one picture and then the batteries died. Bummer. This picture is of Hailey and Brendon (I hope I'm spelling that right) who is Kim and Shawn's youngest. Like I said, he's 5 (almost 6 I think) months but he felt just as heavy as Hailey and he was only an inch or two shorter! He's going to be a big boy! Or Hailey's a tiny girl like her Grandma Venice. Hailey was using Brendon to hide her face in because so many people were trying to take pictures and making a general hoot over these two. They were way cute and loved to babble to each other, but I had to be careful not to get Hailey too close! all she wanted to do was pull that BRIGHT RED HAIR!
We had so much fun, but no matter how much fun a vacation can be it's always so nice to GO HOME. We are little home bodies.
Now bring on CHRISTMAS!
Ahhh music, chocolates, lights, sledding, decorations, cookies, gift giving, cards, cinnamon and spice, stockings, surprises, family, dinners, parties, boots hats gloves and scarves, "Hot coooocoooa" as Matthew says and all the other excitement and wonder of the Christmas season!!! woohoooooooo
No comments:
Post a Comment