10.13.2009

The Wiggles

A couple of weeks ago Matthew got a really bad case of the flu. The poor little guy was puking his guts out and was so weak. All he wanted to do all day long was drift in and out of naps while watching cartoons. This is when he learned the songs on a Wiggles DVD we recently added to our entertainment collection.


Once he felt better he was so happy to get to dance around and sing with the Wiggles instead of meekly blurt out a word here or there when he had the energy. I think this video was actually taken during a little lull in his flu when he felt pretty good. The next morning though he was feeling pretty awful again and by that evening we decided to take him to the hospital because he hadn't held anything down. They had him on an IV for a few hours, gave him some anti puking medicine to calm his stomach, and he was better the next morning!!

Then I got the flu.

Then Curt got the flu.

Hopefully that's the last of it for us this flu season...but I'm not going to COUNT on it!

2 comments:

crystal carlson said...

Oh, I'm sorry you guys all got the flu, that stinks! I hope you're all feeling better now!

kurtandvickysleemanfam said...

i love it when they sing the songs from the shows! it is so fun for me to hear their little voices, and it can also be funny to hear how they interpret the words in their little heads! hahaha matthew is a great singer, and a special little boy!!