10.05.2009
For my sake
I want to record this because I never want to forget! Curt, Matthew and I have had a lot of fun before doing stuff, but last Friday was just about the BEST family together time ever!!! Matthew has been having a hard time adjusting to the school schedule with Curt and me gone so much and so busy. Okay, so Curt is actually home more than he was when he was working with the forest service this summer, but when he's home he still has homework to do and things like that. I, obviously, am gone a lot more now that school has started. I only have 2 classes on campus and some more online, but it's enough to make a big difference to Matthew. He has been throwing tantrums lately and I am SURE it's because he doesn't get as much attention as before. So I wanted to do a day for Matthew. We started our Friday fun by going to the park. It was a rather cold day, but not so cold that we couldn't still have fun. In fact, it was a BLAST because Matthew was the only kid there!!! So mommy and daddy didn't feel ridiculous running around on the toys with him! He loved that! Then we went bowling at the Rex. Matthew didn't want to bowl because he had to use his hands to cover his ears the whole time (he said it was too loud. Which is weird because he's half deaf....know this, he is deaf in one ear but he can still hear AMAZINGLY well. So well it's strange), but he did love watching us! And then we went to see the new Transformers movie. Matthew had a good time watching the "wobot monsters" (he's had a fascination with monsters lately) until he fell asleep. If you haven't seen that movie, don't go out and see it yet. Wait until it comes out in an edited version. Language and suggestive material ruined it for us. It was a great movie, just too much crap. But Curt even got Matthew a popcorn and he got to sit in his OWN theater chair between us. He was in heaven! So that was our night, and I am so glad we did it because Matthew had such a good time! He still talks about the "wobot monsters and the ball roll roll rolling and SMASH into the toys!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It's always so fun to just plan a day for our little ones, and when they are happy it just rubbs off on everyone. I'm glad you had such a fun friday!
Family days are always the best! Sounds like you guys had a great time!
Post a Comment