Last year, or maybe it was even longer than that, Curt rocked a skunk that was on my parent's place. He had the "fun" idea to take it to a taxidermist. It took forever to find a taxidermist that would mess with that (I can't imagine why...) and then it took ages for the taxidermist to get it done. When we finally went to pick it up we were sorely dissapointed. Apparently the place that the taxidermist sent it off to for cleaning was pretty mad (I am still baffled why...) and they did a poor job (took most the poor thing's beautiful tail off. It probably stunk too bad to clean) and then the taxidermist said he "struggled" getting the feet right so he just cut the legs right off. Curt was not happy. So he gave it to my dad to use the hair to tie flies or whatever he wanted to do with it.
The other day Matthew found it.
At first Matthew was VERY scared of this thing. Grandpa Kit had a good time with that and spooked Matthew and Grandma Janet once so bad she squaked and Matthew said "Oh CRAP!" That was funny. Not promoted, but still funny just that once.
Now he has become real buddy buddy with this thing. It doesn't stink at all. They did a good job of cleaning it. It's just the IDEA. Matthew loves it.
5 comments:
That's my little indian!
That is too funny! I could see Jace liking the skunk too--he loves animals!
i love how matthew swings that dead skunk around like it is his favorite teddy bear! and the native influence, priceless! he is a little indian brave!
I hate skunks. Good for him. Oh and I have wonderful news for you...YOU WON my giveaway!!! I'm so excited for you! It'll be perfect for the new comer. Email me katescraftcorner@yahoo.com
:o)
That's a picture worth keeping for Matthew! Congratulations on your new baby:) Thanks for the blog invite!
Post a Comment