12.03.2008


Sorry for the delay in an update! Next week is finals at BYU-I and I have been busy!! We had a great thanksgiving in Hamilton, Montana with Curt's family. The food was great, the conversation was great, and the kids were hilarious!!! This picture is of Matthew messing around with a dish cloth. I tried to get him to look at me, but he was being really silly. Every time he would look and see I had the camera he would hurry and turn his head before the picture would snap. SOO frustrating. But he was still cute. Curt and I, like many many others, tried out this black friday thing. All I can say is HOLY COW!!!!! We tried to do the 5am walmart thing! The nearest WalMart to Curt's hometown is almost an hour away, so we left a little after 4am. Matthew woke up when he heard us getting up. He was the most pleasant thing in the world! I was shocked. Not many 1 1/2 year olds would be happy to wake up early! But really he was good, and we got some great deals.

The jacket that Curt's wearing was one of those deals. I was excited because now Curt and Matthew match with their cute leather coats!
This picture is of Tanner, Matthew and Hunter (two of matthew's cousins) during thanksgiving. They had so much fun together! Matthew loved sitting in this chair with them, and giving them high fives and knuckles. He thought he was such a big boy playing with the older kids.





One day I was tending Wesely. Matthew has this new thing where he likes to be pulled around on a blanket. Wesely's blanket was on the ground so matthew got on it and I started to pull it. Wesely thought that was great so he plopped on there too. matthew was so excited to have a friend to go riding with! He has his arm around Wesely. We switched blankets after this because these two boys are heavy together! I didn't want to get Wesely's blanket dirty or ripped or something aweful. It was so funny though, because MOST of the time Matthew was just looking right at wesely's face smiling like this was the greatest thing in the world!
Well, I got a new haircut. This picture doesn't show it very well, but it's SHORT! I can't believe it. I needed a little change, but I didn't know it would be that big of a change. That's usually what happens though, you tell them to take off a little and their little is different than your little.

This movie is of Matthew's new obsession. He LOVES Curt's hats!! I love it how he puts them on himself now. It used to be that whenever we would put a hat on him he'd rip it off as quick as possible. He's growing so fast and getting SO SMART!!! We went to his 18 month checkup last week. Height- 31" 16%, Weight-21.5 lb 5%, Head- I don't remember the inches, but 64%

The doctor said, "Little guy, big brain!" I thought that was funny. matthew's vocabulary really is picking up though. We love watching Baby Signing Time and other Signing Time videos. Matthew signs pretty good now. While we were in Montana we went for a little hike above Curt's parent's place. I was holding matthew for a little while, and all of a sudden Matthew looked kind of behind us and said, "UH OH!" He says that if he thinks anything is wrong or out of place, so I was looking around like what's uhoh? All I could see was a fallen tree behind us, so I was like "Uh Oh that tree fell down?" Matthew shook his head no, said uh oh again and signed shoes! I looked down at his foot and his shoe was gone! So I back tracked a few steps and saw it sitting there just off the trail! How many 1 1/2 year olds would even care if they lost a shoe, let alone be able to tell their mom when they did! I just love how Matthew can communicate. His new words are "nunny" for funny and "touch". He'll laugh and say "dat nunny!" and when we tell him not to touch that he'll say "touch." I hope that everyone had a great thanksgiving! and congradulation to everyone that had a baby over the break!!! Chris and Kim had their new baby girl yesterday at 7:30am. She is sooo cute! 7 lbs, 21.5 inches! Tall and skinny! But adoreable beyond belief. I hope Kim's recovery is fast and that all is well with them.

2 comments:

Lyndsey Norr said...

Holy cannoli! Matthew is getting so big! He's talking and signing. A genius just like his mom, of course. What a cutie!

Lando & Cami said...

HEY!!!! I AM SO GLAD TO LEFT ME A COMMENT!! HOW ARE YOU? YOUR LITTLE BOY IS SO DANG CUTE!!!!! I HAVE BEEN PLAYING INDOOR SOCCER. WHERE DO YOU LIVE? wHAT HAVE YOU BEEN UP TO?