Alright, I know it has been a long time. Finals are over. They got over last friday, but things have still been crazy since then. We did a much needed house cleaning on Saturday, Christmas shopping on monday, we went to the temple yesterday, so today I am FINALLY able to fit time to post! These pictures aren't in any particular order. The one above was Matthew at the Thorson family Christmas party a week and a half ago. That turned out really good. We had a lot of fun! Thanks mom and dad for putting that together. Matthew's had some really needy days where he won't really let me out of his sight. I think its a direct result of finals week. We really weren't able to spend a whole lot of one on one time with Matthew. So I was trying to cook dinner here and he would just cry if I put him down. Since I needed both hands I just plopped him up on my shoulders. He liked that.
We stayed at my sister, Vicky's, house when we went down to Utah for the Christmas party. Her kids are so funny! Jexten is a few months younger than Matthew, but he's a Hulk!! Matthew came home sporting a nice bite shaped bruise on his upper thigh right below his bum. I don't really blame Jexten, Matthew's little legs do look really tasty.
Matthew was in book heaven at Vicky's. They have a lot of books, and especially books about Pooh Bear!
and Matthew spent a lot of time perfecting his Sonata in D minor.

This is a picture of my Grandma and Grandpa Thorson. I am REALLY glad that we got to see them. The day after the party grandpa woke up and he couldn't talk. They took him to the hospital and they found a blood clot in his neck. They transferred him to the University of Utah hospital. They were going to surgically remove the clot, but decided that he was too high risk because he takes blood thinners. If they opened him up they're afraid he would bleed to death before they could close him back up. So they're just kind of waiting it out. He improved enough to where he can talk now, but things just aren't looking too good. I have many fond memories of my grandpa. I will never forget the day that my family was working in his Green House (like we did every saturday in the spring) and Grandpa called Vicky and I his little dutch girls because we both had little pigtail braids. And the time we were coming home from some family event in Salt Lake or something and we had to go the long way around because of road construction. Grandpa got us all singing fun songs. Those are just a couple of really great memories of my grandpa. We're all praying for him and hoping that the doctors can help him. We love you Grandpa Thorson!

This was the baby in the manger that was supposed to be baby Jesus for the backdrop. It just kind of ended up getting carried around by a lot of the littel girls!

This is about the best picture we could get of all of us....even though matthew was a little bit blury. That's typical. That kid can't hold still!
My little man seems to always have a bonk of some kind or another on his head. For the party he fell on Vicky's sidewalk just before we loaded up in the car. So he's got a nice big red bump. That mark went away, but the other day he pulled the bar stool down on himself again. So he got a bruise on the other side. That is almost gone but yesterday he mysteriously came up to us with a large scratch on his cheek. We don't know where get gets them sometimes. At least its nothing life threatening. right? This is his amazing new haircut that CURT gave him. curt is really good at it. We decided that he'll be doing all of the haircutting from now on. Matthew was SOOOO good too! Curt just sat matthew on a towel on the bathroom floor and curt cut away. Matthew just kind of sat there. We were impressed.
Now he looks even more like his daddy!

No comments:
Post a Comment