10.19.2008

What a day!

I am REALLY LOVING soccer this fall!!! I was really nervous at first to help Tricia coach, but I am liking it a lot better than I even thought I would. Maybe that's because Tricia makes it easy since she's such a good coach. This picture is of me and my friend Jenna Johnson. This is our team. We're called Thunder. It's actually surprising how competetive the teams are here. Even though we're all from the same school, it's really fun to play against each other. We have six teams in the league I think.
Yesterday after my soccer game Curt went up Heise canyon area to hunt for deer. After hiking for a long time he finally scared one out of some junipers, but it was about 400 yards away. He pulled up his gun but thought that he'd never hit it so far away! His first shot missed, but changed the direction that the deer was running so that now it was running straight away from him. So he shot again and hit it right in the spine. Sadly the bullet went through and ended up hitting one of the anters too and blew it off. You can see the one on the right he's just holding in place. But hey, we're not complaining! We love whitetail deer meat! I used my crockpot (that I got when we got married over two years ago, I know, sad.) for the first time today on the tenderloins. Oh man, was that ever tasty!
Here's Curt's "Mighty Hunter" pose.
We were up until after 1 am skinning and cutting up as much of the meat as we could. Luckily our church time moved from 9am to 1pm this week! It was totally worth it. We really feel blessed right now. That's just one less thing to have to stress about. Now that Curt got his deer he just needs to get his elk and then he can focus more on sSchool. Heaven knows we've got enough on our plates with school and everything without having to worry about when he's going to have time to hunt!

2 comments:

DaneandLiz said...

Melissa, I am so happy that you found my blog! It is so good to hear from you and see how you and your very cute family are doing! I am going to add you to our friend list hope you don't mind!

The Andersens said...

Its so nice to have help with the team...especially when its my sis-in-law! Your an awesome coach Melissa! You help me out more than you know. Thanks for all you do!