1.14.2013

free time

The Holidays were really fun but we ended up with a lot of bored free time after all the family left!
New Years Day, after the kids went to bed, Curt and I were really bored so we decided to take advantage of some of Matthew and Hailey's gifts from santa :)  They got these giant page coloring books.  Each picture is enormous and takes forever to color, so we thought we'd help the kids!!  Next year maybe santa will just bring mom and dad some of our own haha
Curt is an amazing colorer.  He's pretty much amazing at everything.
 My attempts at Cinderella after a makeover.

Curt's rendition of a beautiful princess (funny how changing hair and dress color can totally change a princess.  The entire book is Cinderella)
 We've even done more since then.  Are we awesome or what?!  hahaha  We put them up on the kids' walls and they enjoy it, so we can say we did it for them (even though it is so pleasurable to put the kids to bed, turn on old episodes of I Love Lucy, and chat while we color between the lines.  I love those kinds of dates with my hubby)

Here's my first major project with my new sewing machine.  I recovered this chair in brown suede as a novice back when I had Matthew.  And while I am no expert now, at least I have a little more experience.  It's brown was beyond used. I plan on painting the chair itself black, but that will probably have to wait until it warms up a little so we're not fumigated with spray paint indoors :) I added padding to the arms too so when I fall asleep in the chair at 3 am feedings I don't wake up with numb arms anymore!




2 comments:

Nate said...

I love the padding on your rocking chair. Good for you! Also isn't it amazing how much fun you can have doing really simple things together. Dates after you are married are more about being together. Love you.

kurtandvickysleemanfam said...

wow! well, you both rock those crayons that's for sure!! umm, curt...nice princess :) and YOUR CHAIR YOUR WONDERFUL CHAIR!!! what a great job you did!!