I hope when I grow up some day that I will be just like my parents. My mom always insists that she is not creative, but she is just so humble. She's reigns supreme when it comes to awesome ideas to make kids HAPPY!
Today we went to Grandma Janet and Grandpa Kit's house for a
TREASURE HUNT
I think Matthew's favorite part was reading the clues. He read words I had no idea he knew how to read. These clues led us around the house (and outside too brrrrr) searching for pieces of treasure (candy, juice box, small items) until finally we ended up at Fat Cats in town to play arcade with our treasure tokens. It was an awesome day and such a help to me too because I feel like I've been the most miserably boring mom lately. Thank you mom and dad, I have a feeling we will be doing many "treasure hunts" around our house for the next while :)
First thing they got to decorate their treasure chests with awesome stickers.


Then the search began! They did a great job keeping the beginning of each clue the same so Matthew got the pattern of it and then putting words in that he would recognize so as we filled in the other words he started recognizing more and more from clue to clue. And even if he missed a word or two he knew what it was saying. After a few he wanted no help at all and got annoyed if I tried!

Hailey was so happy to follow Matthew and hug her treasure chest.

"I found a treasure!"



As Matthew kept saying all day, "This is a great day for a treasure hunt"
3 comments:
AWESOME!!! this sounds like it was so much fun! mom put in a lot more effort than i did when we did something like this for FHE. there was no tokens and certainly no fat cats (but there was fruit pizza) Way to go Matthew!! what a super reader! it's hard to believe that he is that big. shucks. i remember holding him in the NICU at Primary's in the rocking chair with my big belly and singing to him while i rocked him. also, LOVE hailey's hair, and her princess "treasure box" is GORGEOUS, i would hug it too(as long as she was attatched to it;))
Dad said he will always remember March 3rd. That was a fun day for us too. Treasure hunts help us through the last bit of winter into spring!
Thanks for sharing the day!
How fun!! I love Hailey's hair!! My poor kids will look like orphans. Haha. I also love the last pic of her in the beanie. Too cute!!
Post a Comment