12.26.2011

So this is Christmas

This Christmas we all got a surprise visit from Cody and Tricia! It was so great to see them from such a long ways away. It's too bad that the surprises vicky & kurt and lance & kara got weren't so good. A split open head, tubes in ears, and the flu! Shoot. So we missed having them here to celebrate with us too, but hopefully we will see them this week!
These first photos are making gingerbread houses.










Christmas pj's from Grandma and Grandpa. This picture is blurry but Matthew was so funny. He was dancing around posing and shooting his laser. I can't believe how excited they were to get new jammies. this could have been Christmas and I think they would have been happy. haha

We opened some presents in the morning before Church and saved the best for Grandma's house after church with cody and trish. I was wishing we'd just saved them all because we were late to church and arrived grumpy and flustered because we were in such a rush and I hate being late. Well, we had to at least open the quiet book I spent hours and hours on and the car roll.

waiting to run in and see the gifts from santa...
my quantity of pictures this morning is low because the quality was poor. They were going so fast everything was a blur. Mostly I just videoed it but they are too long to put on here.


Curt always just asks for money. So I made a money tree origami thing. But it wouldn't stay together very good so I stuck it in an old cassette case.
Hailey's favorite gift of the morning was a pez-like candy dispenser designed to look like a Wii remote. She thought it was real, it was so cute to see her sit on the couch pointing it at the tv and using her sound effects.
Matthew was one crazy ball of excitement all morning.
Opening more presents from family after church and after a wonderful breakfast
Matthew gives the best reactions
He must have learned it from his daddy. hahaha
I should have saved the dolly and stroller for last because she wasn't really interested in much else after she got them.



Curt and matthew trying to figure out the TWENTY STEP process of transforming bumble bee. Seriously? We've almost learned it now...
Hailey was trying to get along with Rozlyn....after some prompting.
It was a beautiful Christmas Sunday and so much fun to get to spend it with family!

2 comments:

Kit and Janet Andersen said...

You do a great job of telling the story of our Christmas 2011. Thanks for all the gifts, especially your time you spent with us through the years! We love you guys!

kurtandvickysleemanfam said...

LOVE!! that's all i can say! I loved the pics of hailey eating the chocolate bell off the top of your "gingerbread" house! way to make a gift of money so fun! you are so creative! your picture of the stockings in front of the mirror is like something out of "Better Homes and Gardens" magazine. We love you people! We love your faces off!!