Wednesday Matthew had an appointment with his ENT (ear, nose, throat surgeon) to discuss our decision on the Cochlear Baha (go here to learn more). Really it was a no brainer that we wanted to try it! Today we went back to Idaho Falls for an appointment with Matthew's new audiologist. She sent us home with a demo to try for a week! We are so excited. When we put it on and I whispered in his left ear and he heard me I almost cried! The only thing matthew doesn't like is the "scratchy headband." If we go through with the surgery (when he is five. They don't perform it any younger) then he will no longer have the headband. It will snap to a titanium tiny post implanted in his skull. It sounds scary, I know. But I've looked into it a lot and it's really not. The procedure is incredibly noninvasive. Still the same though it makes one nervous to think of putting their baby through that. I guess the pros outweigh the cons by a million to one so it's kind of worth it...
This is how happy he is to hear. He said "Now I hear like every one!"


We are having a hard time keeping Hailey away from it, but she's learning.

This is such a good thing for matthew!
4 comments:
!!!!!!!!!!! He heard you whisper!! I can't even believe it! Does he get to have this on until 5?
I want to cry want a wonderful post. I love you Matthew and I am so very excited you can "HEAR". Love you all!!!
YEAH!!!! I am so happy for all of you! He looks so happy!
So wonderful!!!
Post a Comment