11.29.2011

Thanksgiving 2011

We voyaged up to Montana again this year for Thanksgiving. Even though we went last year, after much changing of plans and shuffling days around we headed up there the day after Thanksgiving. Venice had spent the week in Utah with her sister, and didn't arrive home until Thanksgiving evening, so we opted to wait until Friday morning. I even got to do Black Friday shopping with Vanessa. My parents did black friday too, but I didn't really get to do any of it with them because the only store I was at at the same time as them they were standing in line for things that cannot be mentioned.
We saw THIS 30 min from Grandma and Grandpa Coates' house!!! It ran across the road right in front of us and made me nervous but Curt had a quick reaction time. Then it got off the road and just stood there looking at us. Long enough for me to whip out the camera!
My Christmas present. and yes, it really is for ME even though I don't watch it. Dual screen DVD player! I was able to read almost the entire way to Curt! It made the drive seem so short. Curt and I are going through the Percy Jackson series. We read book #3 completely on the drive there and back!
I was way into reading and then I looked up and this is what I saw. I didn't even know we were driving in a crazy snow storm! The picture doesn't do it justice. This was in the pass, so it was really steep and I was nervous. But this place wasn't as bad as a couple of hours before this. The other summit was windy and even deeper snow so it was blowing all over.
We had a great visit and still got Thanksgiving Turkey dinner even though we were a day late! Poor Matthew had some kind of a bug on Saturday, so he was kind of miserable. He was hanging out with Grandpa at home while Curt, Hailey and I ran Venice into town.
And this is just a random picture of Monday after the trip. Matthew was feeling all better and happy and I thought he looked so handsome!

1 comment:

Family Fun said...

My family is so excited for the day we get to go to MT. Chris wants to get up there real bad. So you all are lucky.:) (Great pictures) WOW the weather looks bad. We had snow only one day all winter and Ashley is scared we will have NO snow for X-mas.;)