This morning we rode our spiffy bikes to my parents (got a flat on the way but luckily it was about 100 yd before we got there) and got out the horses for a great ride!
I had to work Rose pretty hard because she's a big stinker sometimes from lack of training on my part. But she was really good after I schooled her a bit! In fact she took Matthew on a great ride and then went out again so Curt and I could ride together for a little horsey date :) Star's feet were sore for some reason so we couldn't go for too long, but it was so much fun I think I'll do it tomorrow, and the day after, and the day after.....
I WISH!





After horse rides we were all pretty hot so we got out the pool and did a little swimming behind the house where it wasn't so WINDY!

Matthew had to show off his strong muscles for the camera of course





Matthew's lack of body fat doesn't let him linger too long in cold swimming pools in the wind (mom even added a ton of hot bath water for him)

but lounging on grandpa's star gazing chair makes up for it!

Curt was fixing my bike tire and dad was getting the grill ready

I can't believe this crazy little guy can already swing by himself!

but ultimately this is his favorite way to do it

I had to dump the water out eventually to get Hailey out of there. She refused any other way!


Mom's great tulip picture! They are beautiful and she said it's funny that they are still blooming. Probably because it's been so stinking cold here all spring!!!

We all got plenty (too much) sun today and came home wore out but the kids and I still wanted to be outside some more so we played with friends for a couple more hours and I received rather red arms, nose and neck for a reward. But it was worth it (until my nose peels. I hate that part)!
2 comments:
WHAT FUN!! wow, seeing those pictures of star really makes me homesick for him...or horse-sick. geez. matthew and hailey look like they are having so much fun in that pool though!!! and THOSE TULIPS ARE AWESOME!! my tulips have been bloomed and dead for months now, so it is good to see some more of them! i know what you mean by having to drain the whole pool to get your little podling out. it takes some pretty creative coaxing to get my kids out of the pool after swimming lessons (which they are LOVING by the way). it would be easier if they could just drain the whole pool, "time to get out, the water is all gone" hahah. i love the picture of dad in his cowboy hat and camo shorts :)haha. curt has some major focus on that tire. i bet it got fixed up real nice :P haha.
These are sure cute pictures. I think I'll have to steal the tulip picture that has 3 in one. Thanks for the fun day. I know we sure enjoyed it.
Post a Comment