11.28.2009

Thanksgiving celebrated, on to Christmas!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!
I hope that everyone had a great Thanksgiving. We certainly did! Unfortunately I forgot to ever get my camera out and take some pictures. I am pretty sure my parents got some good shots, so I'll have to steal some from them. We had a really good time though! We rode with my parents (because our car is......losing its enthusiasm to travel....) down to Utah to spend Thanksgiving with my side of the family.
The only bad part about the entire trip is the fact that now we are home Matthew is bored out of his mind because he doesn't have his cool cousins to play with!
I even got to do the black friday shopping!!! My parents, Vicky and I all woke up super early to hit the deals, and did we ever load up. I still don't know how in the world we got everything packed in that car to bring it all home!!!
Then later today my parents brought over our Christmas tree and helped us set it up. Matthew was really good helping to put the ornaments on...we'll just see how long they last there. It might be a day, maybe two, and it all of the ornaments will be removed for safe keeping out of reach of curious fingers! After we got the tree put up we went to see the new Christmas Carol movie (the animated one). I don't recommend it for little kids. It made me jump and the ghosts were pretty scary. Matthew made me feel better though by reasurring me that "it jus pritend mommy, they not real."





We had a good time getting the tree up, and yes, I know my britches are sagging. I bought these new maternity pants and the waist is still too big. That's a good thing though, because I'll be grateful for the room when my belly POPS for real in about 4 weeks (at least that's when I got HUGE with Matthew). You think it's big now? Oh you wait. I had plenty of ladies concerned that I was about to go into labor when I was barely 8 months with Matthew. The problem is my short torso. The baby gets bigger and has nowhere to go!

This was our quick family snapshot :)



This was our first attempt. And you wonder why it is we don't update our family photo more often...




1 comment:

Dalling Family said...

I totally agree with you on the Christmas Carol...way to intense for little eyes and ears. I must say it was good, but I was really hoping it would be more family friendly. And I like your family photo...it has character! ;P