11.05.2009

Halloween 2009

Halloween this year was an absolute blast! Matthew had so much fun at the ward party and trick-or-treating with Brooke! Brooke told me over and over that she was a pretty princess and all I could do was agree! Look at these cuties! I'm so glad Matthew has Brooke for a friend, they are two of a kind.




A week before Halloween Matthew saw this orange pumpkin shirt in the store and he wanted to put it on right there. So we bought it for him and he loved it and loved it. I didn't think it was a cute and creative enough costume for Halloween (there are so many pumpkins, and they are all cute, but I wanted something different!). So I still bought him a cute little skeleton costume. He called it Mr. Bones and would drag it around everywhere and dance with it, but try to put it on him? No, you'd be better off trying to pluck a ferocious tiger's whiskers. So I caved and just let him wear the pumpkin! He LOVED it!


My parents joined us for the ward party. We had so much fun with them there!!! The party was fun including a cupcake walk, face painting, cookie making, pumpkin carving contest (which Curt won with his big pumpkin taking a bite out of the head and brains of the smaller one) and a picture area.





Here's the video of the closest we came to getting Matthew to wear his bones costume!





We quickly carved our pumpkins right before the ward party. Matthew really enjoyed helping Grandma Janet and Grandpa Kit!


5 comments:

kurtandvickysleemanfam said...

so much fun! i think all holidays are for kids. at least kids make them so much more fun!

kurtandvickysleemanfam said...

oh and mr. bones is such a sweet friend to let matthew drag him around with his head draped over matthew's shoulder! hehe! fun ward party!! your activities person gets an A+!

The Andersens said...

I love the collages. What program did you make them in? Wesley and I just watched all of your videos and he said "way cute," and "do it again". He misses you guys!

crystal carlson said...

Looks like a great Halloween! That's so cute that Matthew & Brooke are such good friends!

Dalling Family said...

I love looking at everyone's halloween updates...the kids are so happy and cute! Shauna got the blanket for you and while she was here she told me that your mom and my mom work together - I didn't know your mom was Janet the secretary! Hahaha. My mom is Mrs. Tolman the 1st grade teacher. Small world. Hope you like the blanket!