8.17.2009

Cleaning Day

Matthew loves mondays, and this is why: It is our cleaning day. Some mondays I clean more than others. This particular monday I have to clean really hard because our property management is coming for the yearly inspections. I don't want to lose my SWEET housing, so I'm trying to make this place spotless! Well, at least cleaner. I actually enjoy cleaning too, but I haven't done a WHOLE lot of deep cleaning since I've been pregnant. I don't know, something about feeling like poopie took the clean right out of me. But today we had fun! And Matthew actually is a good helper. You would be surprised. Today I had him washing the walls for me, dusting, and picking up his toys.
I have never seem someone so happy to clean!
And I know, his clothes don't match but we were CLEANING. You should have seen what I was wearing. Well, the neighbors probably saw what I was wearing as I dashed outside to catch an escapee Matthew. Any chance he gets he beats it out the door and hops in the car. It has become a game to him!
I put him to work dusting and he loved it!
Until he got tired. It must've been close to naptime :)
Lucky for him he gets paid breaks.

Curt picked me these gorgeous wildflowers while he was hunting for huckleberries. They (Curt and his brother's family) didn't find any berries (darn bears must've gotten to them first), but I got a reward out of it!

Matthew and I would have gone too, but that particular night Matthew went to bed by 7 pm, which is very unusual for him, but he'd skipped his nap.
Don't worry, we paid for it the next morning when he woke up at 5 am!




2 comments:

Dave and Chelsi said...

Poor Matthew didn't know what he was in for when he signed up for the assistant cleaner job, huh?! But the picture of him sleeping is priceless! Yep, he's a pretty cute kid and I'm sure there's no one to blame but yourself for the speedy getaways! :-)

crystal carlson said...

What a cutie! That is so fun that he likes to help you clean! Jace loves to clean or "help" in any way too--I always think it's so cute!