8.01.2009

THE ZOO


Curt and I (and Matthew of course) went to the Zoo on friday with Cody, Tricia, Wesley and my mom. It was really fun! I remember last year we went about this same time with Vicky and it was so HOT! This year was hot, but not nearly as bad. That made it a lot nicer and there were more animals out instead of snoozing in their shady dens.


This picture is of Matthew and Grandma Janet waving to the huge tortoises.


We got to watch their program for kids (Matthew wasn't interested most of the time). It was cute and fun though.

























One of these goats was in a really bad mood. I was busy taking pictures of Matthew and all of a sudden I saw one of the goats with horns put it's head down and try to butt Matthew. I was just barely quick enough to grab Matthew's arm and pull him away so the goat missed.
I was glad I was there and that I have quick reflexes!
Moms develop those reflexes I guess.


We enjoyed the zoo. I was glad we got to spend the week with Tricia and Cody. We'll sure miss you guys!!! Matthew is still talking about "Wekley"

1 comment:

kurtandvickysleemanfam said...

glad that they got to spend some fun times together after not seeing each other for so long. looks like so much fun. i love the little belly pooch matthew has in that photo of him walking through the petting zoo! hahaah he looks like he would have butted that goat back if he would have had any horns handy at the moment. (because i know he has access to plenty horns/antlers, he just didn't pack them today)