9.10.2008

Big move

I haven't posted in a while because we have been really busy moving!!! we finally got into the two bedroom apartments we wanted. We have been on a waiting list for well over a year. It was hard having matthew in a one bedroom apartment for so long, but we survived, and it was worth the wait! I don't have any pictures of our new place yet, but I'll be sure to post them soon. We are really excited to finally have room! Our old apartment was so small that it took about 10 steps to get to one end to the other. Now we actually have to yell to hear each other upstairs or downstairs. It's a split level. It gives us more room, but we have to watch matthew on those stairs! Once he can walk I think that he will be able to master the stairs pretty quickly. The key word there is WHEN he walks. As I'm sure many of you know, Matthew is deaf in his left ear, and the audiologist said that he doesn't have very good balance because of it, since the human balancer is located within the inner ear. It's frustrating sometimes for both Matthew and for me because he WANTS to walk, but he's just not quite ready yet. We'll just be patient though, and trust that he will learn eventually. Until then, I'll be grateful for the limited mobility. At least he can't go running into the road. I don't think it will be long before he figures out how to walk on his own.

No comments: