9.19.2008

Back to school

This is a picture of matthew's new cowboy boots Grandma Janet and Grandpa Kit got him for christmas. He doesn't actually get to wear them until christmas, but I just had to put them on him to see how they look. Isn't he cute? He kept stopping his foot like he was doing a barnyard dance.
I dyed curt's hair for school. I've kind of become a hair dye addict. I like to go from dark to my normal color back and forth over and over. I usually drag curt into it every time too. the brand I like to get doesn't last very long, so it's just kind of like changing your outfit. If I wanted my hair to constantly be dark like that then I would have to redye it about once every 6 weeks. I'm WAY too busy for that with school now and everything. so far this semester is going really good, I guess. I've got a couple of hard classes along with a couple of not so hard ones. I guess I'm pretty lucky to get the opportunity to go to school at all, so I'm not going to complain. Curt's classes are pretty hard too. He's smart though, and more than anything he's a hard worker. He'll be fine, even though it is stressful for both of us to go full time and take care of matthew. Curt's also hunting this year again. He's hoping to get an Elk and a Mule Deer. So far he's only really had time to just find out where some bigger bull elk are. Hopefully next time he goes (now that he knows WHERE to go to be in the elk) he'll get one. I just tried out for soccer this last week. I actually only tried out for part of the time and then Tricia asked me if I would be her assistant coach. I think that it will be really fun to not only play on her team, but get experience coaching since that's kind of what I'd like to do when the kids are in school. I have been an assistant coach on my track team last season, but it would be nice to be more well rounded in coaching styles. Soccer takes more effort, I'm sure, than track does to coach. mostly because when you're a soccer coach, that's it. YOU. Sometimes you get an assitant, and if you're from a larger school they MIGHT give you a third coach to be over the JV team, but with track there's usually at least 3, most of the time 4 or more coaches to help you. I'm not saying that track is easier to coach, just that not quite as much individual work goes into it. I guess I'll really be able to compare once I'm done helping Tricia coach soccer this season. I'm way excited though. the great thing about coaching up here is that you can coach AND play on the same team. We were lucky enough to get my friend Jenna Johnson (used to be Trone) on our team too. she's a really good forward, and I really like playing forward with her. Anyway, things are going good so far. i'm sure as stressful as the semester is so far, it will only get more stressful. Truth is though that there's nothing that we can't do with the Lord's help. I think that I will look back on this time in the years to come and I will think that these were the best years of my life.
Here are the amazing, wonderful, magnificent stairs in our apartment. that's how matthew thinks of them anyway. Curt and I dread them because we are ALWAYS chasing matthew up or down. I swear, if I let him he would go up and down, up and down all day long! At least he's become a self proclaimed stair expert. Now we only put the gate up when we want to lock him on one level or the other with us so that we don't have to chase him. he's never even had a fall down that stairs. I like how matthew learns things the easy way and it doesn't take the hard way, like falling, to teach him to be careful. Of course, he's always been rather precise and careful in his actions. We're still loving our apartment! We just bought a washer to go with the dryer that we've had wrapped up at my parent's house for over a year. We bought it a couple of summers ago at a yard sale for a really good deal. We just had a feeling that we'd be needing it sooner than later. The dryer is almsot brand new. We still haven't hooked up the washer, but I'm excited when we do. No more lugging laundry back and forth to and from mom and dad's. Not that I didn't enjoy seeing them...it was just annoying having to save up laundry and do a ton at once.

1 comment:

Stef Kelly said...

Hey Melissa!
I was blog hopping and I found yours! SOO cute! I love the pictures of your family. Matthew is such a cutie! (I hope you don't mind that I took a peak!)

Stef