12.26.2012

Christmas 2012


We had a fun Christmas Eve party with my parents eating a delicious dinner, wearing new jammies, watching Kung Fu Panda Holiday, eating cookies, and reading the account of the birth of Christ in Luke.
I love these little people!






After our little party we sent the kids off to bed and got to work helping out Santa.  Around 11:30 Matthew wakes up confused looking for his new angry bird jammie pants so I dash in there to keep him from coming out and spying Christmas early.  I looked at his legs and there were hives all over them.  I continued to inspect his body and it was completely covered in a massive rash.  I kind of paniicked and told Curt we had to take him to the ER right away because I didn't know how bad it was inside if it was that bad outside.  I was thinking scary things like swollen throat and suffocation.  So Curt stayed with hailey and william at home and I took Matthew up to the hospital.  Medicine and a couple of hours later and he was as good as new.  Some kind of allergic reaction but we're not sure what yet.  Matthew doesn't have "allergies" but I'm thinking he is allergic to shellfish.  We had shrimp a few nights ago and he seemed to have a reaction that night but I thought he was over it by now.  I don't know what else it could be.  A very different Christmas Eve, but turned out fine.  He's a trooper, and even spotted Santa's sleigh on our way home flying over Rexburg!!!  He saw Rudolph's red nose glowing.

This is THE DOLLHOUSE that I have been working on forever!!  Curt put together the frame and I did all of the decorating and furniture, stairs and balcony railing.  It was such a fun project and I was totally obsessed with it until I finished it.  Luckily she loves it!  I couldn't very well wrap it of course, and we like to have a small breakfast before opening presents so they don't fill up on candy and no one gets too grumpy so she actually played with it before "presents" for almost an hour waiting for Matthew to wake up after his hard night.  So I didn't get a real good first sight excited picture, but she was, believe me.  Other things included a zhu zhu pony, her PINK zhu zhu that she has asked for repeatedly, Pocahontas barbie, jewelry box, princess dressup shoes, and a Barbie movie.

 Matthew was excited that Santa brought him the things he asked for in his list!  He got Lego Batman DS game, a bow and arrow (really excited about that) lots and lots of other fun things and a METAL DETECTOR!!!  I am serious.  It's a kid version and he loves it and can't wait for the snow to melt to go out metal detecting with daddy.  Somehow I MISSED taking a picture of him with it!!  Crazy.  I must've been opening my AH MAZE ING new sewing machine when he got into his metal detector or something!!!!!!!!!  Singer 100 stitch BEAUTY.  I am so excited and have even sewed a couple of things already for Hailey's dolls and a binky keeper for William and can't wait to use it even more.

This little guy had the best Christmas he's ever had!  Oh wait, it's the only one he's ever had :) He got everything he didn't ask for because he didn't need a thing but got spoiled anyways!!  A package of EIGHT new binkies, all boy colors (he only had the orange hospital one before and that drove Curt nuts because he thought it looked more pink than orange.  William didn't care), The best new blanket made by Grandma Janet.  It is so soft and snuggly and he instantly fell asleep when I wrapped him up in it.  That was probably because he had been playing so hard with his new chick toy which he loves. books, fuzzy sleeper, stuffed pony, candy he can't eat...(I will find SOMEONE who will eat it for him)

He was happy here.  big cheeks and binkies make it hard to smile :)

 Finally got Monopoly Jr.  So much more fun than regular because you can actually finish a game in a day.

 Such a great Christmas!!  We played hard and napped hard.


My parents came over for a breakfast lunch and played with us for a while.  In the words of my wise father "kids make it Christmas."  These kids are my world and I love my sweetie with all my heart!  I am so grateful for my Savior.  Christmas is truly the best time because we can reflect on the birth of Christ and how blessed we are to have the gospel and the knowledge that He has given us the best gift of all.  

3 comments:

.:Mousley:. said...

ok that turned out AMAZING! you are the best mom ever :)
i'm glad you guys had a great Christmas!

kurtandvickysleemanfam said...

LOVE how that doll house turned out!!! you are so amazing, just when i think you are the most amazing person ever, you make yourself even MORE amazing!!! what a GREAT Christmas!!! but it isn't over yet!! i think i may have a disorder called "gifting madness" teehee :) also, i am glad that i'm not the only one that freaks out over children's conditions. better safe than sorry. i am glad that matthew is ok though. that bow and arrow set is INCREDIBLE! Sweet william, you are in for it. :)just wait. also, the naked monopoly game looks fun ;) hahaha I LOVE YOU PEOPLE!!

Nate said...

Looks like a really fun Christmas. I loved your doll house.